Without proper lifting and eating techniques, it is possible to build bigger and bulkier muscles than you were going for.
If you're going for long, lean, feminine muscles then try these four easy steps!
Step 1 Eat like a lady.
- Five small meals a day spaced out evenly. Approximately 300 calories each.
- Make sure to get 10-15 grams protein and make sure there is fiber in every meal or snack.
- Add healthy fats like olive oil and avocados to your dishes.
- Drink water- half of your body weight in ounces daily. More if you drink caffeine or alcohol.
- High intensity interval training. Do your favorite cardio workout as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Catch your breath for 1-2 minutes and repeat for 20 minutes. Do this 2-3 days per week.
- Alternate in between your short interval sessions with longer cardio sessions 2 days a week. Shoot for 30-60 min depending on your intensity levels.
- Other days continue to be active but lower intensity like walks, shooting hoops, or playing with your pets.
- Focus on resistance exercises with bands and cords that tighten your muscles without adding weight and bulk. Body weight exercises like knee pushups, planks and lunges are also great.
- Three to four days a week maximum. More could cause you to gain bigger muscles to handle all of the training.
- Target all major muscle groups once a week. Twenty reps each exercise two times to start and then work up to three if it becomes to easy. Do them slowly to exhaust the muscles without using momentum.
- Work on your flexibility to avoid the appearance of tense and bulky looking muscles.
- Save stretching for the end of your workout to avoid injury during exercise.
- To help organize a stretching routine, start with the bottom half of your body and work up. Example: Start with Calves, continue with Quads(front of thighs), hamstring(back of thighs), hips, back, abs, arms (bicep/tricep), shoulders, finish with chest and neck.