Toss the diet pills and couch potato attitude! We need to look at weight loss plans as lifestyle changes instead of dieting. Most of crash diet weight loss comes from water weight and muscle. This may cause you to lose firmness and loose skin could begin to appear. You may have heard some of these tips before, but they are worth mentioning again.
- Yo-yo weight loss and weight gain
- Eating small meals throughout the day
- Eating a variety of nutrients (see next step)
- An exercise routine including strength and cardiovascular exercises
From the Inside-Out
Skin is affected by what we put in our bodies. Eating healthy food gives our bodies the nutrition and hydration it needs to improve skin. Add a few or all of these foods below to help your skin maintain it's elasticity.
Vitamin A-helps repair damaged skin
- Egg Yolks
Vitamin C-protects skin from damage
- Citrus Fruits
Water helps keep your entire body stay hydrated
- You know the drill! 8 or more glasses of water per day
Go to your local health food stores to find these foods. Look for the organic version to get the most out of the food you purchase!
Proper Skin Care
Taking care of your skin can help skin maintain it's healthy tone, and is very important when losing weight. Adding proper skin care to your daily routine in addition to healthy eating and exercise will help your body firm up beautifully from every angle!
- Exfoliate - exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells. Doing this will help skin appear smoother and healthier. See article's below for information on how to exfoliate properly.
- Moisturize- use lotions or moisturizers on your skin daily to keep skin hydrated just like you keep your body hydrated with water. Use lotions with vitamins in them to enhance your skins health. There are even creams that are specifically made to help firm skin.