Aerobic exerciseVariety is key to boosting your calorie burn from aerobic exercise. Challenging your muscle cells each day with something different like changing the routes you take, increasing duration, and fluctuating intensity.
- Interval training, drastically increasing and decreasing the speed of your workout.
- Up hill and down hill walking
- Bicycling on a different road every time
- Running on a hiking trail
- Always taking the stairs!
Resistance/Weight trainingWeight training has an even better benefit to our caloric expenditure. It increases our metabolism even after our workout is done! Try and incorporate three to four resistance workouts in each week to get the maximum benefit. Again, variety is important in this type of exercise as well.
Resistance exercise Ideas:
- Pushups and other body weight exercises
- Lunges with weight
- Free weights
- Resistance bands
- Stability ball and medicine ball exercises
Metabolism Loving FoodsEat more often and incorporate these foods to keep your metabolism on the fast track.
- Oatmeal: Will keep you fuller longer and give your body the energy it needs throughout the day.
- Coffee: Check out my blog titled "Grande Black Coffee Please."http://www.nutritiousgossip.com/2011/05/grande-black-coffee-please.html
- Water with Ice: Can be drank through out the day.
- Green Tea: Try it warm or cold.
- Peppers and Spices: Check out my blog titled "C-ecret fat burning spices. http://www.nutritiousgossip.com/2012/02/three-c-ecret-fat-burning-spices.html#more
- Green Vegetables: Always reach for the brocolli!